LIBERTY SWINGTransportation Information
We highly suggest Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) as the preferred airport for you to use. You may find a cheaper flight into LaGuardia or JFK or Philly but will end up spending much more time, distance and transportation costs getting to our event.
- RECOMMENDED: Newark Liberty Airport (EWR): Newark is 30 minutes (25 Miles) from the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, but it’s all highway. This is the closest airport to the event.
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK): JFK is 1 hour and 10 Minutes (50 Miles) minimum from the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick but it is heavily trafficked.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA): LGA is 1 Hour and 5 Minutes (45 Miles) minimum from the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, but it is heavily trafficked and you have to travel through the city.
OPTION #1 ($15.25):
Train From Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to NJ Transit Train: Follow signs to AirTrain station
*** You may purchase your train ticket at any NJ Transit kiosk machine prior to arriving at RAILINK. (See #5 for details on ticket.)
– Take Air Train to RAILINK (Newark Liberty International Airport Train Station)
– Go up escalator — go left (toward NJ Transit)
– Go to NJ Transit ticket kiosk machine
– Purchase a ONE WAY ADULT ticket to NEW BRUNSWICK $12.75 (You can pay with cash, credit or debit.)
– Insert ticket and go through gates Head to Track 5 (Bay Head, Trenton, Philadelphia)
– Get on NORTHEAST CORRIDOR train (red line)
– Get off at New Brunswick Train Station
– Walk 2 blocks down to Hyatt Regency Hotel on 2 Albany Street
From New Brunswick to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR):
– After purchasing your train ticket make sure to RETAIN it since you need it in order to enter gates and have access to airport.
– AirTrain departs approximately every 4 minutes to airport terminals.
– See attendants in red blazers or use courtesy phones for any questions and/or assistance.
OPTION #2 (approx. $60 plus tolls):
Taxi or Uber/Lyft
If cost isn’t an objection, you may find a quick way to the event by taking a taxi.
Cost runs about $60.00, one way, plus any tolls along the way.
Wait in the official taxi line (don’t accept transport from someone that walks up to you) and ask the driver to follow the directions below.
From Newark Liberty Airport:
– get on I-95/NJ Turnpike SOUTH for about 20 miles
– get off at exit 9, merge onto NJ-18 North toward US-1 Princeton, for about 3 miles
– take NJ-27 South toward Princeton, for about 1/4 mile
– turn left onto Albany St.
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Two Albany Street
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
On Site Parking
Liberty Swing Dance Championships attendees will receive FREE PARKING at the hotel. Just mention that you are attending the “Liberty Swing Event” at the gate.
To New York City
The train is the easiest and most affordable way to get into NYC.
The New Brunswick Train Station is just two blocks from the Hyatt Hotel (1 Railroad Plaza). You can stop by the Liberty Swing Registration Desk and pick up a train schedule or click the button below to visit the NJ Transit website to print out a schedule online.
The ticket prices are:
Adult One Way: $14.00
Adult Off-Peak Round Trip: $17.75
From: New Brunswick
To: New York Penn Station
Day of Travel: Select weekday, Saturday or Sunday
Visit NJ Transit Website for more information.